Monday, October 8, 2012

Bring on the yarn...cooler weather has arrived!

Fall is a wonderful time of year - bright orange pumpkins and colorful gourds artfully arranged on bales of hay at the Farmer's Market, friendly ghosts swaying from crepe myrtle trees in the neighbor's yard, and the first whiff of woodsmoke. All of these things proclaim the season - and they make me want to knit and knit and knit!

I'm not one of those "one-project-at-a-time" knitters. Nope...if I see something that I want to make, it's full speed ahead for me! I jump in with both feet and cast on with gusto, blissfully dismissing all of those other PIPs scattered around the house (and car, and shop...)! I know that I'll get back to them one day, but now - for this moment - my attention is on the delightfully springy and cheerfully colored bright blue yarn I'm using to knit our Mystery Cowl. I'm having a terrific time, so far. The pressure to finish is, somehow, diminished with this project. Perhaps it's because I only have one fourth of the instructions presented to me at a time and I feel that I can surely complete the required knitting before the next set of directions appears in my "in box" on Thursday. Whatever the reason, though, I'm happily knitting along on something that makes me smile every time I see it.

Won't you join me? We'll meet at the shop every Tuesday afternoon (from 1:00 - 2:30) in October to work on our Mystery Cowl. You can participate from home, too, if that's more convenient. There really are no rules - just lots of fiber-y fun. You may call me at the shop (205-758-0108) if you want to join the fun. I'll be happy to help!

Until next time...happy stitching!

No comments: