Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014!

Happy New Year!  What are your holiday traditions for greeting January 1?  Do you make resolutions?  Food plays a primary role in my family's celebration...black eyed peas, turnip greens, and cornbread grace our table every New Year's Day.  Black eyed peas for luck, turnip greens for prosperity, and cornbread because my Daddy thought you couldn't have the other two without cornbread!  We round out our meal with macaroni and cheese, fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, and pecan pie.  Yum!!!  Of course, there is always lots of football watching and knitting/stitching by the fire, too. 

Have you heard the old saying that however you spend your time on New Year's Day will carry over into the new year?  I can't think of any way I'd rather spend my time than with some sort of needle in my hand and, today, I did just that.  I finished up a needlepoint Christmas ornament and I started a brand new stocking for my dear Rick.  I'm working from the Churchmouse At Home Basic Christmas Stockings pattern.  He chose the colors and design (the striped stocking on the left) and I'm quite pleased with how it's going, thus far.  Here's a picture for you...

    
We have lots of things planned for 2014, including terrific new classes, expanded web site shopping for our out of town friends, and, as always, a wonderful selection of the best needlework supplies available in today's marketplace.  We'll be taking our annual inventory through January 7, so the shop will be closed until January 8 when we'll re-open at 10:00 with our regular shop hours.  Thank you for your continued support of Serendipity Needleworks.  We look forward to being your local needlework shop this year!  We'd love to hear about your project plans for 2014...please share them with us in the comment box below.  

1 comment:

coffeeiv said...

I will be working on a mini baby blanket with some Serendipity stash I found that I hadn't used! 9 skeins of DB Baby Cashmerino were lurking in my storage room upstairs.

Then, I need to come in and get Brown Sheep Worsted to felt some new potholders: I trashed a couple in the Christmas cooking rush. Plus, I love felting. What I don't use for the potholders will go for a soap sweater for my sister in law. The "sweater" keeps soap jelly from icking up your soap dish and the wool felts and shrinks as you use the soap. I don't know what one does with the weird piece of wool that's left...maybe leave it out in the spring for the birds???? Give it to the dog/cat to play with?